WE'VE MOVED. . . come on over to our new website and blog!

P&C Real Life Party: Art Birthday Party

>> Monday, March 21, 2011


My sweet daughter turned 9 last month. Nine. Years. Old. It seems like just yesterday I was planning her first birthday party - my first real party planning adventure. But, that's another story for another day.

Anyway, Autumn has been an artist since birth - I'm pretty sure it's in the genes. My mother is the director of the American Museum of Ceramic Art, she began her artistic career as a ceramicist just after I was born. Her parents, both extremely creative. My mom's sister - Aunt Janet - also an artist. See? in the genes I tell you.

So this year, when my daughter asked for her birthday party theme to be "all-things-Art", I was excited! Fun to plan, perfectly age appropriate, and lots of ways to save money!



Luckily for me, Autumn chose to do away with a traditional cake in favor of ice cream sundaes. We had a wide variety of toppings and sauces to put on top of plain vanilla or chocolate ice cream.




We also had some yummy cakeballs on hand, supplied by Terri's Party Treasures, served in artists palettes to match our theme.




That's my mom... the director of AMOCA giving the kids a little abstract art lesson. They painted with anything and everything I could think of, including straws and feathers.




And if that wasn't enough, Autumn herself put together a Photo Booth area that she and her friends used to take pictures of each other. Is she my kid or what?




Happy Birthday to my baby, ahem, I mean big girl?

Is your Birthday Child dreaming of an Art Party? How about a Printable Art Party! This Spectacular paper printable set comes complete with everything you see in these photos, and more! It includes:

Invitation (fits A6 envelope) +
Address Labels +
Thank You Note
Birthday Gift Log
Jar Labels +
Candy Buffet Labels +
Mini Popcorn Boxes
2” and 3” party rounds +
Pennant Banner +
Table Tents +
Front Door Sign +
Straw Markers

All the items listed with a + sign can be easily personalized -by you- using nothing more than adobe acrobat reader (free from adobe.com).

Now here is the best part - we are now offering an Art Party Guide so that you can easily throw this party with all of our tips and tricks. With lists and schedules and plenty of instruction, the printable Art Party Guide will help ensure your success with an Art Party of your own.

One last thing.... and its a good one... included in the Art Party Guide package is the beautiful Art Supply Posters that you can upload to your favorite photo printing website and hang for added themed decoration.




So? What do you think? Stop by Paper & Cake to purchase the Art Party Printable collection and the printable Art Party Guide (a new website is under construction) your artist will thank you!



SPECIAL THANKS.... to my sister Missy of Missy Marie Photography for taking ALL of the photos at the party, to Terri of Terri's Party Treasures for the yummy rainbow cakeballs and lastly to Jenn at Hostess with the Mostess for featuring this party on her fabulous blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Paper & Cake

Followers